Wednesday, June 20, 2007

postacrime.com @ npost Networking Event

Last night I attended the npost.com Seattle Entreprenuer's Networking event with my long time friends Dan and Adam. Adam is a program manager at Payscale.com, and Dan and I went representing POSTACRIME, Dan was even kind enough to sport his POSTACRIME.COM Tshirt.

The event was held at the Great Nabob located on Lower Queen Anne and gathered some of the best (and worst) internet startup companies and ideas in the Seattle area.

I had a chance to talk with several people from different start ups, appature, Mixpo, Trenchmice, BuddyTV, and several guys that work with Adam at Payscale.

It was very interesting to hear people's thoughts and feedback on POSTACRIME, I enjoyed talking to people about our Web site and hearing how they would use it, or what they thought it could do. One guy I talked with thought initially that POSTACRIME would be used by good samaritans who want to post information about crimes they've witnessed. I don't suppose why it couldn't be!

The best thing I heard all night though was from Glenn Pingul who works at Mixpo. His comment was that POSTACRIME was using "Social Justice" to stop crime, and frankly I couldn't agree more.

Overall I thought the event was a lot of fun and I was able to meet and network with some very interesting people. I'll be anxious to follow the progress of the people and companies that attended.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed talking to you guys about POSTACRIME.

I checked your site, and the nearest crime to my home address is 3 miles away. Hmm -- I live in Queen Anne, and while I wish that were true, I doubt it's really the case. ;-)

I hope POSTACRIME is a great success!

postacrime said...

Thanks for your comments! We're promoting the site to encourage people to post their crimes on POSTACRIME. I'm sure if you check back in a month or two there will be much more for you to search :-)

Good luck with TrenchMice!